► How to Download Course Materials from Blackboard
If there are Blackboard files that you would like to save for future use, please download them before the end of your course. If you have any questions, please ask your instructor.
For help downloading files, please follow the instructions below or ask the Library for further assistance.
► Which files might I want to save?
You may wish to save assignments and class notes from your Blackboard course.
► Where should I save my files?
► How do I download my files?
This will depend on the type of file and how it was added to Blackboard by your instructor. Here are some tips on saving files:
Chances are you probably already have a copy of your submitted assignments in your files, but if you don’t, then you may wish to download your submitted assignments. Also, your instructor might have returned assignments via Blackboard. Either way, if your assignment was submitted or returned as an attachment, then you can download the files. Go to the part of Blackboard where you submitted the assignment, and download the file from there:
If you submitted your assignment via RDC email, then your assignment will not be available in Blackboard; check your RDC email Inbox and Sent folders for these assignments.
PDF documents may open within Blackboard or in a separate window. To download a PDF from Blackboard, use the save icon on the PDF (not in the web browser).
Instructors may have added class slides to Blackboard in one of two ways:
1. As a PowerPoint file which opens within Blackboard or within a new window. You may be able to right-click and save the PowerPoint document from its link in Blackboard.
2. As a PDF version of the PowerPoint, that needs to be downloaded as a PDF file.
Instructors may have added class notes to Blackboard in one of two ways:
1. As a Word document which opens within Blackboard or within a new window. You may be able to right-click and save the Word document from its link in Blackboard.
2. As PDF version of the Word file, that needs to be downloaded as a PDF file.
Attachments from Blackboard Messages
To save attachments in from Messages in Blackboard, you can:
- Open your message
- Click on the attachment link to download or open it
- Save the attachment
Ask the Library for further assistance if you need help downloading files from Blackboard.