Use the date management tool to easily adjust all content and tool dates in your course. Accessed on the Control Panel in the Course Tools section, you can choose to adjust dates automatically or individually from one convenient location.
► Select Options
The first item you see when you select “Date Management” from the Control Panel under “Course Tools -> Date Management” is three options.
- Use Course Start Date : Blackboard will subtract each items old date from the old course start date. This number will be added to new course start date which will give the items new date.
- Adjust by Number of Days: Blackboard will use the old item start date and add the number days entered to this. Negative numbers will subtract the number of days from the old start date. NOTE: Blackboard will not use Today’s date or the new start date of the course.
- List All Dates For Review:> Blackboard will show you the list of items with their old start dates. New dates can be manual added in.
► Items Supported by Date Management
Not all items with dates are supported for use with Date Management. Below are the items supported:
- The content area (Items and files)
- Assessments (tests, surveys, and assignments)
- Tools (discussions, blogs, journals, and announcements)
- Manual Grade Centre columns
- Course tasks
Items that are not supported:
► Date Management Review
Once the option for the adjustments has been made Blackboard will convert the dates to the new dates. A status bar will appear and once the date conversion is done an email is sent and the Date Management Review page is show. Below is example of what you could see. If items in the course had adaptive release then these would appear also.
► More Information
At Blackboard’s Website: Date Management
Blackboard YouTube Video: